Although not anywhere near as common as they used to be, handwritten letters are possibly one of the most thoughtful uses of ink and paper to happen in the history of ever! Getting a handwritten letter in the mail is such a unique and awesome feeling, and offers so many creative possibilities. We can write someone you know a letter (or a letter to your future self ;) using hand-lettered calligraphy that's vintage, beautiful, and very appealing to the eye. Let us work our calligraphy magic on your words and send it off to the person you want it delivered to! We can also send the finished letter back to you so you can put things inside like cologne, perfume, charms, pictures, etc. We'll also send you the self-adhesive wax seal and all the other vintage wrapping supplies you'll need too! We'll pay the postage either way!
*Please remember, THIS IS NOT A LETTER FROM SANTA. If you're looking for a letter from Santa, please refer to the "Letter From Santa" page here.
Here's how it works:
1. Add the product from this page to your cart with the options to the right completed and go through the checkout process. Once you've purchased the letter, you will receive an order number via email.
2. Once you've gotten your order number (should be within 10 minutes), return to the "Handwritten Letters" page via the link in the email you'll be sent, scroll to the bottom, and fill out the required fields in the text boxes at the bottom of that page. If you purchased more than one letter, just use the same order number for both letters. We'll know the difference between the two.Make sure that all fields have the correct info in them (spelled correctly as well) as that's what we'll use to determine where your letter is headed and the name of the recipient you're sending the letter to.
3. Put whatever you'd like the letter to say in the letter body box (the big one). Remember that this is your chance to say whatever you'd like!
3. Click "Submit." Once you submit the info, we'll receive it, match your order number up with your info, and get the calligrapher working on it right away!
4. You will receive an email once your letter has been shipped/mailed to the address you listed. Should your letter take longer than 1-5 business days to complete for any reason, we'll reach out to you and let you know. We don't want you to feel out of touch or left in the dark! If you have questions or concerns, feel free to email us anytime at email@example.com
*Need some help with the options to the right? We got you covered!*
- INK COLOR: This option will allow you to choose which color ink you want the calligraphy on the item to be calligraphed in. The inks we use are of good quality and dry efficiently. However, they are NOT waterproof. By the way, if you're unsure what "sepia" is, it is simply a golden-brownish ink with a slight coppery tint to it. It provides a more vintage look!
- PROOFREADING: We do offer a proofreading service for basic grammatical, spelling, and syntax errors. However, we know there may be some inside jokes and things of that nature that you may want to be left "as-is." In that case, simply opt-out of proofreading by selecting the "No" option in the drop-down menu.
- SEALED OR UNSEALED: Some customers prefer to have their item sent back to them before it is sent to the final recipient in order to place personal items in the envelope such as photographs, charms, perfume/cologne sprays, etc. If you wish for your item and its sealing supplies (self-adhesive wax seal, tissue paper, and twine) to be returned to you before sending the item to the recipient, simply select the "unsealed" option in the drop-down menu.
- SCRIPT STYLE: This option lets you choose the type of calligraphy your item will have. While we are adding more scripts as much as possible, our calligraphers specialize in three very attractive scripts at the moment that we feel fit the theme of our items very well. Stay tuned for more designs and scripts in the future!
- WAX SEAL COLOR: That's right! We do that awesome looking custom wax seal you see in the movies! We have quite a few colors as well!
Handwritten Letter (Generic Styles)
Due to the custom nature of Penned Down's products, we do not offer refunds. All sales are final. HOWEVER, should your item be lost in transit or be incorrect in some way, we will absolutely make it right and send you another one! We'll do whatever we can to make it right.
Penned Down is committed to ship all products in protective packaging appropriate to their size and weight. Due to the variety of products Penned Down offers, there are several different methods we use to ensure that your calligraphed art pieces are sent to you safely with the best chance of arriving undamaged.
It should be noted that APO/FPO (military) addresses are still considered U.S. mail as far as postage is concerned. If mailing to a military address stateside or overseas, all mail is still sent to the appropriate military base via domestic delivery first. Any mail headed overseas is then sent via military transport according to their APO/FPO designation.